I would like to credit the following websites where I have found references to make these handmade masks. I'm happy to chat if you want to make your own masks and want to discuss!
Masks are made and sold as is, with no guarantees against disease prevention.
Special thanks to Underhill Geomatics for their generous donation which enabled me to purchase equipment and supplies.
- Olson Mask - Unity Point Health
- Nurses's Headband - Save the Ears (Gina Ahrens)
- Filters - Using 3M Furnace Filters as insert in mask
- CBC Opinion - We urgently need to start making more masks in Canada
- National Post Article - Despite what you may have heard, you should wear a mask for COVID-19
- 604now - Everyone in BC may be asked to wear a facemask
- FTC Handmade Masks - a program created to make and distribute masks to high risk people
- Cloth masks given the OK, but do they work?https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/christopher-labos-cloth-masks-given-the-ok-but-do-they-work/
- COVID-19, shortages of masks and the use of cloth masks as a last resort https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577.responses#covid-19-shortages-of-masks-and-the-use-of-cloth-masks-as-a-last-resort
- Can a mask protect me? Putting handmade masks in the hierarchy of controls https://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-hopkins-education-and-research-center-for-occupational-safety-and-health/can-a-mask-protect-me-putting-homemade-masks-in-the-hierarchy-of-controls
- Should we wear masks in public to protect against COVID-19? Here's what WHO, CDC, and John's Hopins Expert Advise https://www.newsweek.com/masks-covid-19-coronavirus-cdc-advice-1495179
- Canadian Government recommendations on fabric masks - link
- Canada's top doctor recommends use of face masks (CBC) - link